Northern Virginia RPCVs work with the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) to advocate on behalf of future, current and returned Peace Corps Volunteers, including organizing periodic meetings with our state's Congressional Delegation to urge Congressional action to support legislation that:
- Maintains or increases funding for the Peace Corps program
- Protects the health and safety of currently serving volunteers
- Honors and supports those who have completed their Peace Corps service
How can you get involved?
- Use NPCA's Action Center to send a message to your Congressional Representatives about pressing issues
- Learn more about the NOVA RPCV community's current advocacy initiatives
- Read a Call to Action from NOVA RPCV President.
- Check our calendar for upcoming advocacy events
- Review the contact information for our Senators and members of the House.
- About once a year at a regular meeting we write post cards to our representative in Congress for support of PC
Connect with our Advocacy Coordinator
Our Advocacy Coordinator is Don Boileau. If you have a question about any Advocacy Activity you may contact Don at NOVARPCV@gmail.com. Include ADVOCACY in the subject of the email. You may also contact email@example.com to learn more about current advocacy activities being sponsored by NPCA.
On the Hill
On the Hill