Third Goal Activities
Now is a GREAT time to start working your connections and networks to host or organize a Third Goal event. Actively look for opportunities, or create your own opportunity.
Here are some suggestions:
- Contact a local school to ask if they're hosting a multicultural or heritage event
- Connect with a Girl Scout leader and offer to assist with World Thinking Day or a Global Action event
- Ask if your town hosts a multicultural festival and if NOVA RPCV can have a display
- Post on social media photos, stories, videos about your PC experience
- Are you in a book club? Suggest a book about your PC country and share your favorite PC items, food & memories
- Invite people to your house to share food, art, music, and favorite items from your PC country
- If you live in or near Fairfax County, register in their database of International Experts & Guest Speakers. Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) is seeking community members who are willing to share their global knowledge and expertise with teachers and students during the 2021-2022 school-year as virtual guest speakers in classrooms, or during summer vacation.
If you would be interested in connecting with FCPS and sharing your knowledge about a specific country/global region, language, global issue, or sustainable development topic, please reach out to NOVA RPCV by sending an email at email@example.com or by using the online contact form, with "Third Goal Activity - FCPS" in the subject line. Please provide your specific areas of expertise, and Sara Holtz, NOVA RPCV's Youth Engagement and Education Coordinator, will be in touch with you via email to follow up. Please note that completing the form merely expresses your interest, and it will not commit you to participating. In addition, you may request to have your name removed from the list at any time. Thank you for considering this opportunity to share your knowledge with FCPS students and teachers to enrich their learning.
Tips for sharing your Peace Corps experience